Saturday 8 December 2012

Planning iconography

The first iconography item I will include in my music video is a rose as it will represent the artists relationship with her boyfriend, it will also reflect how my artist is feeling. The rose throughout the music video will represent the artist and how she has courage to leave her boyfriend and get on with her life. Towards the end of the music video the artist will put the rose back together and this will represent the artist putting herself back together after the break up with her boyfriend. The rose which will be in my music video will tell the audience that our artist - Northern Lights - is pure and innocent and is religious, as in some of her songs she talks about religion and my group came to the conclusion that the meaning behind the song - Spectrum (Say my Name) is religious.


The second icongraphy item I will include in my music video is a glass as it will represent how my artist has a hard exterior on the outside, therefore she knows she will get through her break up. The glass will also represent how the artist is feeling throughout the music video, therefore when my artist smashes the glass this will represent the break up of the relationship and when the glass is altogether this will represent the artist has put herself back together and is not isolated and depressed anymore as this is how she felt during her relationship.



1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in explaning why you have decided on using a rose within your music video. Are you going to include any more iconography items?

    Finally aim to include still images to support the points that you have made above

    ReplyDelete